Skip to main content

Court case

 My dad’s court case has finalized today. I think it somehow affected all our mood in a way or two. It has been going on for more than 10 years. My dad wanted to sell his shop in Malaysia for us to study. That was when I was still in Uni. It was the most stressful time of my life because we had so much trouble with the tuition fee. Dad sold his shop to a 无赖. Just the night of handover, a fire breakout. The shop has been rented to the buyer for many years. That was why Dad give them the priority to buy first while other Buyer who already has the amount in cash was declined. The person who rent gave a deposit and the contract has gone through except for handover officially although the person was already in charge. 

The day before that was done, the fire broke out mysteriously. The person bought insurance for his goods and didn’t buy for the shop which during the process my Dad asked him to buy but he didn’t. The previous insurance was halted because of the purchase. Also why Dad want him to buy the insurance. Dad was very worried and just lucky he bought a temporary 3 months insurance. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t get any compensation. Bad part was if Dad never stop the previous insurance, we would get more. The 3 months one was much lesser. The buyer of the shop then halted the handover and wanted to break the contract because of the fire. He insisted the deposit money to be given back and most of which has been used for our Tuition Fee. ALSO, he asked for the insurance money that we have claimed. Dad said he will use the money to repair the shop, then the agreement can go on. 

However, twist and turn, it became a court case and thanks to a very hideous lawyer who used Dad’s court case to revenge the court. He went as far as suing the judge and tell Dad lies. He always demanded lawyer’s fee although the court case has gone very sour. I think the Judge also think it is ridiculous but some Judge just don’t. Dad even sold his condo to cover the court case as well for our Tuition fees. I am between dropping out of Uni or to continue. As if studies alone wasn’t hard enough. The court case went on from before I graduated at the beginning of 2010 until now which is 2022 March 16. More than 12 years worth of time. You tried to sell a shop and it costed you the time, the money and break your mentality at times. The buyer went as far as suing my Dad for bankruptcy, put caveats on all my Dad’s properties which prevent him to sell his properties off, also not allowing him and my Mum to leave the country, and slandered him across the internet. Dad lives in Brunei and where he had to go back to work. In the end, both my Mum and Dad has to pay for going out of the country. It went up to 2k per month… He has to go Malaysia from Brunei everytime there was a court case. Dad also found the second Buyer who was declined before this and he actually still wanted to buy and willing to pay it all in one go. Also at a higher price than the first deal. Even after the fire which Dad also done the renovation. The caveat disallowed that. Trapped for years…

For the past few weeks, ever since we received the news that today will be the last court hearing and be prepared for the worst. We felt the worst because from the previous court case Dad’s winning chance was very very low. The previous lawyer ran away after demanding for lawyer fee in advance again and he did got it. Thereafter, Malaysia and my Dad cannot find him. Dad said he got a son in Sg and we don’t know where he is. The lawyer said he will go Canada for surgery and he has been missing for many months. We saw a lot of comments online about him though. Anyway, in the end, my Dad finally go for the Lawyer my Dasao’s Brother found. He was the one who took over and within a month notice only. If Dad had gone to him earlier on or any other lawyer as none of us trusted the previous lawyer, this trivial case would have ended long long time ago. There were so many things we could have done without this court case. Today, finally, it was over. But what time has taken away, can never be return. Now, time to calculate for the losses to be compensated. Mostly will have to go to the Lawyer. The rest to cover for the expenses for the court case. Not sure how much we can gain back. At least, today, I was relieved and I think I am free to chase after my dream. Good thing, if Dad got back the money, I don’t have to give him money liao. hahaha. My hidden agenda. Maybe he will have some to spare for his grandsons’ education and one is going to Uni soon. Oya, this court case gone from my Uni days to my niece’s Uni day. She is graduating in a year too! How ridiculous right?! I wasn’t in the best of time but today, really thanks to my Dasao. Without her and her brother’s help, as Covid blocked the travel between the 2 countries, her brother was the only one we can depend on to find the Lawyer and errands for the court case in Malaysia. Dad cannot cross the border and stuck in Brunei also. Each travel is easily 2k and my Dad’s health hasn’t been good. Now, hope our suffering may end soon and be compensated soon. I never hoped or wanted to have anything from my Dad and without the court case, he had more than me so I don’t actually need to give him money and he can survive. I was hoping more to build on my business and be freed from the nightmare from my Uni days. 😭 

The thought of not graduating, the thought of the uncertain future. Stressing about the Tuition fees which Dad tried to squeeze out. Me and my sister same Uni. My younger Sis going to college and soon Uni and my younger Bro going to college soon. If you tried paying the Tuition fee of one child and struggled, imagine 2 Uni kids and 2 College kids. The last 2 years was the biggest struggle. We were late with Tuition fee. I have a few more modules to cover before I can graduate. I gave tuition to my cousin and earn a bit of pocket money. I was struggling to keep it altogether and the last year after a meeting with a lecturer due to some issues with equipments although we have planned everything, I broke out into tears and cried in the campus toilet for an hour… Tuition fees in question, I had my Malay modules, social studies, and Malaysian studies which were a must before I can graduate. My Malay was really bad. With so many problems with Final Year Project and I was doing 8 subjects altogether that semester… There are times I didn’t sleep for 3 days. If I did, I only slept for 3 hours per day. When a project was done then I slept for 2-3 days to recover the sleep debt.

  Lucky thing was, it was close to evening that time and not many people in the campus. I told my Dasao, I wanted to drop out but good thing is she said I should continue. In which I did. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No title

有些事就只能是遗憾。这是一堂课。最难的一堂课。我想我唯一办到的就是当了工程师。剩下的就只能是遗憾。如果少了这一点我想那我就完全是个遗憾。我想走到这一步,并不是我自己一个人能走的。它不是天上掉下来的。是我在井里时看到别人丢给我的一条绳子。我就抓住了它。好久好久。有的时候好想放开却又不放。松了又紧握着。一层一层的用力爬。遇到各种各样的问题,我一直找答案。以前大人都说难题放一边,要先做简单的题目。这样可以拿一些分数。可是我不知道为什么我说不听。我喜欢从第一题做到最后。当我有一题不会做的时候我会很难受。放不开的一直在那题绕着死都不放。如果在考试结束了我还做不到,这个关我过不了。会一直留在心里。非常难受。很难受。 如果我可以在结束前想到答案,就算我好多题都没有答,那一天我还是会很开心的。应为我解决了一个难题。成就感比及格更重要。当然我妈的藤编是躲不过的。我想我是自讨苦吃。长大了我就会在乎分数。很不愿意的都先答我会的。。。虽然是这么做了,可是我很痛苦。。。有时候会习惯的一直先解决觉得比较难的问题。然后一堆很快可以解决的却放一边。。。瓶颈在哪里我就会在哪里。拿着罐头开,死命的敲。就算所有的小事都解决了,这个瓶颈还是过不了。尽然过不了,那些小事就白做了。有的时候那里来的选择。人走的每一段路都会有难题。你跳过了。问题会追着你跑。幸运的可以搭顺风车逃离。不幸运的会被问题追上。勇敢的就去面对问题。我只觉得小时候的勇敢,不怕考试不及格就为了那一题已经没有了。只能靠着只想普普通通的过一关算一关。能躲一关也是一关。 小时候的梦想其实只是长大以后的笑话。只是一点都不好笑。想去的演唱会,想做的事。。。会跟着时间消失。。。就是完成不了的。不是努力就可以的。。。感受也会慢慢的麻木。梦想如果可以真实一点失望就不会那么大。虽然有一些动力但是是不对的动力。有些事也改变不了了。别人以为的小事。如果你经历过,在和我说是小事。我不会报复性的说这只是小事。应为我知道不是。如果我不是以前的我,我不会这么做。应为以前的我也觉得是小事。

War and Job

 现在哪里都要打仗了。是不是应该更要花时间找更稳定的工作。其实我的工作才是最没有保障的。应为我还不算这个公司的员工。然后还发现别的事。有问题到最后,我会先被赶走吧。那我现在更应该要找工作吧。不然等到仗都开始打了,我才找就太迟了。。。 Don’t deal with people with hidden agenda. Motto of life.

Abuse

 How we have been “abusing” these people? How they live? How bad of us to let them live like these? Big TV in the room not big enough.  Tuition room provided. How bad of us?  Want to see our room from young til now? See who 好吃好住。You woke up 1 hr earlier than me. But I went to bed 2-3 hours later.