Skip to main content

Strange day

 Today, I started off with a strange encounter. Everything was fine. I got up early like 6:00 am. Shower and get dressed. Everything was packed up last night. Managed to get breakfast without queue. Eat at home. Managed to empty my bowel on time. Hehe. Then wait until around 7:30am to set off to work. Somewhere just as I was walking off the HDB and on my way to the MRT station, an old lady was walking beside me talking. I didn’t respond. Then as I was crossing the road, I saw a car like don’t know parking or approaching. I walked slower so the car can see me and the old lady. It was until then I realised the old lady was talking to me. She just walked beside me talking smoothly I thought she was talking with somebody else. I looked around, nobody. She was talking to me so I har?? She repeated her sentence. “Jie jie, Jie jie, ke yi gei wo qian mai dong xi chi ma” (Sister, can give me money to buy food” I was like what? First she called me Jie jie or I misheard her. She might be calling me xiao jie. She wasn’t accompanied by anyone… suspicious… Why people kept on asking me for money every-time I went down? First time for an old lady. Normally, it was little kids. Is there anything wrong there? Are they controlled by scammers? or are they really not having any food to eat? But seeing she was really old I gave her 10 dollars. I hope she can really buy food though not for scammers. Reason, I don’t have smaller notes. 2-4 dollars were too little to get any food nowadays. I just quickly go off also. If she was scammed, later I became victim. Somemore, there was a van beside. I ran off after giving 10 dollars. Later I get kidnap, worst. 

I reached the MRT and the queue was long. I was like worried if anything wrong with it. I waited for the next lah. It arrived soon but was quite empty. I wasn’t expecting a seat until I saw a guy rushing in all the way from the other side to sit down. I just took the place where I liked to stand. It is still my favourite spot apart from sitting. I get to put my bag down. Then I got down the train to change another. Seats! I reached my destination. Got on the bus on time too. Reached office on time and get to go to the toilet. I prepare to war with my laptop because I was really angry I couldn’t solve the problem yesterday and almost the whole weekends. Argh… What the heck. Hacker can anyhow hack a system. I cannot even hack my own computer… Which is Microsoft by the way…  Whoever doing the new system, good job with the security but anyway, the loopholes were only known by hackers… wait. This wasn’t my complain yet. MY LAPTOP suddenly prompt me a lot when I open my task scheduler. I used that to set time and wifi… I clicked as before which happened a few times last week… BUT this was like a series. Before was like one or two the most… ever since I changed time… argh… Then my laptop internet option disappeared…. Cry… It was the craziest time I have ever felt in a long time. IT was OFFLINE. I spent half day debugging it. It just didn’t work. I opened up the settings and phew it was still under warranty. October this year expire. Best Thing? I got my new laptop!!!! Best ever I have ever felt. It came with a pen. I was actually thinking it won’t be of much use because of accuracy but it IS actually really good with the accuracy. I was once head hunted by Dell but I guess I screwed up with my English. The one who phone interview me was in the US. He talked about food and weather… I was like that was the worst part for me to talk about. I just eat whatever that is convenient and fast. If I told him I only know McDonalds then not sure what will be the reactions. I guess I just cared too much. Anyway, I didn’t get it but was just happy if it weren’t for me being social and the accent that I needed, my skills were sought after. The laptop was not a disappointment. It was so much better than all the laptops or desktop I ever have while at work. To be happy and satisfied. 😊 

Now the war part has yet to be revealed. Lucky I was doing the set up and the set time program or the login and ui. After doing all that, I was thinking where to get all the datas. That’s where I left off. In the end, it wasn’t really my part for the web. Good thing last week has one holiday else I would be doing the wrong thing. crazy… Guess this job always come with something that I shouldn’t do and didn’t do it by luck from the beginnings. First was the call. It could have been a call that I would never answer if it was my workday. The interview. I was not sure how I should dress. I got my pants and prepare my old leather shoes. I got my shirt. Well. It wasn’t until I matched them together, I felt like that was the worst combination. Changed my pants to jeans. Changed my shirt. I walked down and reached downstairs by stairs. As I walked towards the bus stop, my shoes seemed odd. It started to crack. Maybe it was really too long ago that I have worn them. The foot sole which was like plastic just disintegrate… I have to get back upstairs to change. I have new shoes that I kept as extra during sales. Never thought I would need it. Another was the email. No email received…. sigh. What the heck. Anyway, when I reached, I realised because of all that I wasn’t under dressed. The shirt inside my shirt was the problem. Kept dropping off. Then the email again… I guess all that is a sign that was meant to be a pull or push. After I signed contract, the ones that I have been waiting both called and sent email to ask me to apply. One direct and one agent… Sigh… I sad siah. It was because of the salary difference but I just signed. I hate this kind of thing… Before my first day of work, the one who asked me to apply during new year asked me back… That one the difference was even higher than the previous two…. I couldn’t sleep that night… 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HP Spectre x360 convertible Swollen Battery

Swollen battery. Expired warranty by few days. This is HP Spectre x360 convertible. The battery swollen to a point where it make the cover pried open and i think the back cover a bit bent also. How powerful is that. Age of laptop, a little over two years. Spot the gap like two months ago but thought my laptop is old enough to have swollen battery. If you have a laptop, please do check it frequently for swollen battery so you can get it replaced before warranty expired. I bought the battery replacement not long ago and received it yesterday. It took about like a week or so. The replacement is just open two screws and you can replace it. Instead of making all the way to the repair shop and wait for a few hours to get it done. That's what I thought. Click a few minutes thing. I open screw 1, there was a bit of resistance but I made it. Then screw 2..... and screw 2 and screw 2.... It took me forever. It was fasten dead tight to the laptop. The head was then str

Learning Luck and Fengshui

My theory tested. When I told my sister or aunty when buying toto, I don’t strike at all. If I bought them myself without telling them, I strike… These were what I did by purposely buying in front of them or tell them. The ones I bought and never told them actually get some money back. Consecutively some more. Anyway, I don’t buy always just once or twice a month or even a few months buy once. As long as I felt like the chance they won’t know is high so it is very seldom. Anyway, sometimes I have a feeling or when I dreamt of a number I bought them. Normally these were the one that I get something in return even though just 1 number. The rest I used a bit of statistical method. Well, I tested it this time too. I actually got 2 numbers correct but the thing is, the number only came out on the next draw. Bought Saturday but number came out on Sunday. Hmmmm…. Anyway, when people saw people buy toto, To them, it is like you buy everyday and a harsh gambler when they saw you buy. Unless I s

Anger

 Still.. Anyway, if you can hire people who come to smoke, eat and playing with the phone and only worked like one hour for people to go take a break, like each person half an hour and sometimes lesser. Then just the last one hour to close up. Then actually 3 people working will do. Especially no lock cage. If got lock cage then 2 people come do 2 hours work. I don’t see price tag being print for the product I put up from the lock cage. Stuff that was empty was still empty. Like whole day nobody do store. So, when someone on store duty not doing work with no lock cage. Wait for me to do the rest of the days no need to do anything. How good.