Skip to main content

Women

 



When I first use Shopee long long time ago, do you know they didn’t split by category? Also, if you search something, it must be the exact wording else it wouldn’t match. Now, still there is problem sometimes but they actually made a very big progress during these two years. However the categories still not so right. hehe. That’s what I found. 

Remember a time when I brought books to their competition instead of using google two to three years back. Without any python background too. They were doing I guess to find someone who can solve their categories problem. Only 1-2 hrs given for each session to come up with the solution. I only managed to make the python and excel sheet work but never managed to solve though.  eh. 2 hrs 1st prize is a few thousands dollar. There were two different problems but I forgotten about the other one. It is a good experience though. Although not many people solved it within that few hours, but some were pretty close. Out of a hundred people split into groups, only a few groups managed to do it. My team I went with a person who I didn’t know until the day of the competition. The other one MIA. We just grouped ourselves out of facebook 🙄 all no background with python. The other member was late also. She was an electrical engineer and 1 year older than me. I was a mechanical engineer. None of us used python at all. I did read the book on how to use python and installed it before the competition and how to operate. Our friend, didn’t have python installed. I sweat. To me, she seemed to want to enjoy the free gift though. She was very enlightened with that. Although, I brought the same mind to see how things go as a programmer but at least I should try too apart from sight seeing. I managed to at least manipulate the Excel sheet. All the time were used to make it work before we can process the data. I managed to get 1% of the data correct though. Surprisingly. I think one thing software engineer needs to know why it works and why it wouldn’t. We both just quit our jobs too. That’s why got the time. What a coincidence but we never connect afterwards. The oldest was 50+. The youngest was 8. That’s the range. Maybe I should join more so that I am always working on data structure and to improve on that. Not why a hardware doesn’t work. Or how to make a hardware work which is pretty much the job of the person who makes the hardware.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War and Job

 现在哪里都要打仗了。是不是应该更要花时间找更稳定的工作。其实我的工作才是最没有保障的。应为我还不算这个公司的员工。然后还发现别的事。有问题到最后,我会先被赶走吧。那我现在更应该要找工作吧。不然等到仗都开始打了,我才找就太迟了。。。 Don’t deal with people with hidden agenda. Motto of life.

该不该

 有时候生气起来会做些什么可笑的事. 还记得有一次,工作到很晚很晚. 我大概在公司有二十几个小时. 没有睡好. 可是还有很多事要做. 一边量着东西一边写文件. 然后真的不行了就躺在椅子上睡着了. 然后发现有人来上班了. 早上还是中午. .. 越想越累越气就直接回家打辞职信.  然后有一次赶着要交货. 弄了一整夜. 那一次我并不累. 应为我很气. 有个人一有空就来帮我. 好感激但还是气. 24 小时没睡. 想了整个晚上. 回家一定要打辞职信. 不可能的事还是变可能了. 在交货前赶完了. 还看到早班的人. 说我神经病. 不过可能知道我赶所以每次都会帮我. 后来交完货, 我搭车回家. 大概10点多了. 从前天的六点起床就没有睡. 我一定要打辞职信. 可是好像没有信封. 我到家楼下的便利店买了信封. 结果信封很难看. 折的不好. 品质不好. 气死我了. 我就回家大辞职信. 没有洗澡, 没有吃东西. 直接打. 打完了才去. 然后睡了一觉. 我想还是等有空就再去买信封. 后来买了然后把信放好就交给老板.  后来有一次, 有人叫我交履历. 我的履历都没时间写了. 虽然很想写. 有天回到家又忘了自己把旧的放哪里了. 我的电脑坏了后来换了新的. 后来新的没有,只有N年前写的. 打开的时候, OFFICE WORDS 到期.... 结果想办法用的GoogleDoc. 好多功能都没有. 好麻烦. 就随便用了他们的template. 后来写好了. 好难看. 可是我想不管了. 要就要. 不要就不要. 就这样... 而且都不知道他们是不是真的要请我.  我现在又有这种冲动. 该不该...