Skip to main content

Reflection

 I need career advice. Should I look for a new job or should I not? The series of unplanned events has reached up to a point that I think is enough to drown me. Although I am ok but it is not ok. I felt like I am not really growing in my skill sets but just trying real hard to connect something to a network. Well, everything comes with a manual but I have none. Some codes were given but not instructions. 

Would you say it is a skill learnt. I am not so sure. I saw some job ad posted by Wikimedia. Looks like kind of the job I would do but then the office is in the US, remote in Sg and it is based on a charity to operate. Will it be a long term plan for me? So far, I have not done anything like that. It’s not for me to decide also. 🌭 I just had this for dinner, after the western food downstairs closed on me.


I like my job but the constant changes, lack of information and lack of test or even real devices make me felt very frustrated sometimes. Probably things that only need one day could takes up to a week. My own test environment set up, then test when I can when I have the environment. Revert back when I am back to my own again. I felt like I am wasting too much time on these useless switching that done more harm than good. If I have more time, it should be spent on reviewing the codes logic or at least the quality. It is pointless too because anytime, the whole structure requires changes due to some unforeseen circumstances. Sorry to the software engineer that I used to scold for the bugs in the app and you simply don’t care about it. I can see why now. For me, it is crushing me because I hate the bugs. The fact that I have to leave it so I can do more stuff makes me restless. I can’t get over this somehow. I felt like keep improving it but then that wouldn’t let the job done. Worst still, after you have perfected it, the plan changed… The only thing that drives me away from feeling bad about the bugs is probably anger. Hope I get angry enough to ignores that. Then I could get the job done fast. Probably a day or two without sleeps if I am really angry. It would take one or two weeks if I am not. It was the momentum that allows you to sprint forward at a faster speed. Once you stop, you have to gain back. Bad thing about that. I probably won’t be functional for a week after that. 


Although I still think life is just nothing while everything is a disguise of this nothingness. I shouldn’t waste it away when I am alive. I don’t even think being alive is so worth it. Since I am still, I better be doing something good or else I would be wondering why the hell am I still alive… If you see through life, it is all a lie. When all is beautiful if you never heard of ugly truth. 


Venting of frustration ended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War and Job

 现在哪里都要打仗了。是不是应该更要花时间找更稳定的工作。其实我的工作才是最没有保障的。应为我还不算这个公司的员工。然后还发现别的事。有问题到最后,我会先被赶走吧。那我现在更应该要找工作吧。不然等到仗都开始打了,我才找就太迟了。。。 Don’t deal with people with hidden agenda. Motto of life.

该不该

 有时候生气起来会做些什么可笑的事. 还记得有一次,工作到很晚很晚. 我大概在公司有二十几个小时. 没有睡好. 可是还有很多事要做. 一边量着东西一边写文件. 然后真的不行了就躺在椅子上睡着了. 然后发现有人来上班了. 早上还是中午. .. 越想越累越气就直接回家打辞职信.  然后有一次赶着要交货. 弄了一整夜. 那一次我并不累. 应为我很气. 有个人一有空就来帮我. 好感激但还是气. 24 小时没睡. 想了整个晚上. 回家一定要打辞职信. 不可能的事还是变可能了. 在交货前赶完了. 还看到早班的人. 说我神经病. 不过可能知道我赶所以每次都会帮我. 后来交完货, 我搭车回家. 大概10点多了. 从前天的六点起床就没有睡. 我一定要打辞职信. 可是好像没有信封. 我到家楼下的便利店买了信封. 结果信封很难看. 折的不好. 品质不好. 气死我了. 我就回家大辞职信. 没有洗澡, 没有吃东西. 直接打. 打完了才去. 然后睡了一觉. 我想还是等有空就再去买信封. 后来买了然后把信放好就交给老板.  后来有一次, 有人叫我交履历. 我的履历都没时间写了. 虽然很想写. 有天回到家又忘了自己把旧的放哪里了. 我的电脑坏了后来换了新的. 后来新的没有,只有N年前写的. 打开的时候, OFFICE WORDS 到期.... 结果想办法用的GoogleDoc. 好多功能都没有. 好麻烦. 就随便用了他们的template. 后来写好了. 好难看. 可是我想不管了. 要就要. 不要就不要. 就这样... 而且都不知道他们是不是真的要请我.  我现在又有这种冲动. 该不该...