Skip to main content

Movies

I was out for a movie called The Endgame (人潮汹涌). I didn't really get the meaning of the title though. Meaning a lot of people. Probably will google later on. It was a nice show overall. It wasn't entirely too technical and superficial. The storyline flows. Some people are laughing and I did too at certain part. The humours were on point. Some parts weren't predictable. Not too naggy. More real life and yet it wasn't real. It doesn't look like a plan or plot though. I didn't fall asleep too.

I guess it's been too long since I last watch a movie. Sometimes I missed out some part when I am trying to read the subtitles. I tried reading the chinese subtitle to improve my reading. I used to watch hk shows doubling the speed to get to the story end and I was able to read the chinese subtitle at that speed. I think the lack of reading can cause the reading process to slow down over the years. Even now it is playing at the right speed, I can't finish reading it. Not only that, listening also play a part. I don't get them even when it is in chinese. Worst still when they used dialect. I lost all. I quickly jump to the chinese sub and found out I better look at the eng sub but the sub was gone... I must practice my chinese...

I think I need to watch more movies. The last chinese movie I get to watch was More than blue (watch in Taiwan) two years ago somewhere around this time. Then the one before that was 美人鱼。Our niece said she wanted to go watch her boyfriend, Kris Wu. It was a chinese new year where everyone was back home. We all including our parents, her parents and siblings, us the aunts and uncles (7), and her cousins, decided to hit the cinema to see her boyfriend. It was rare as we didn't usually go to the cinema because in the half an hour vicinity by car, there were no cinema. Only in recent years, more cinemas popped up in Brunei. Well, her bf only appeared for a minute I guess..... It became the joke of the year and the subsequent years.

She is now 20 years old. Studying in the UK. Seeing how she missed home, haha, I was truly heartless when I wasn't home. I did miss my nieces and nephews. They are cute and funny even when they are older now. She cooked for her grandparents while at home. She would study by herself. Normally parents would pressure their children to study well but for her we have to tell her not to stress too much on her studies. She took care of herself and can even cook things that I don't even know how to. At a young age, she learnt to think for others that we always thought she wasn't her age and called her our grandma instead. She is stressed while going out with me maybe because I am not that well behaved :D. Now she can't celebrate at home, she put up chinese new year's decoration at her lodging house for her and her housemates to celebrate cny in uk. The deco was so cute. Due to C-19, they can't go back home. I guess it wasn't easy because she has so many people that she missed being with. Hope the situation gets better in the UK and may people be more considerate, open minded and see the situation to know what they have to do to make it better. For me, I am ok. When I am home, I would just wake up to watch tv, play with them for a while and went back to sleep or on the phone. I am not so into cny or celebration anyway.

My nephew (19) on the other hand, also in the UK, doesn't communicate much. More like me... It's his first year there. Haha. He is just like he was when he was 3. More independent I guess. He didn't want to go home. He applied to Uni and went to uk all by himself. Hope he knows how to take care of himself. He can recognise the way to his father's factory at the age of 2-3. He wants to do everything by himself. Stubborn too. He went there all on his own booking tickets and finding a place to while my sis wasn't aware that he went missing at home. He knew how to purchase stuff at that age too while still wearing diapers. I didn't even know the way to their house or factory although I learnt how to be a cashier at a young age. No sense of direction sometimes. I lost my way while taking my driver's license test. I gotta go for a second time. Finally I got it. Well, more than that. Almost got myself killed few times after that. People can live by pure luck i guess. Of course, nobody got hurt.

I did apply to college and uni by myself. One thing we have in common, we both wants to be a 工人. haha. Never want to walk the footsteps of our father because we have seen how they have been. My other nephew wants to be a boss though 🤣. That's what he said when he was 3 or 4. Different people see things differently I guess.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War and Job

 现在哪里都要打仗了。是不是应该更要花时间找更稳定的工作。其实我的工作才是最没有保障的。应为我还不算这个公司的员工。然后还发现别的事。有问题到最后,我会先被赶走吧。那我现在更应该要找工作吧。不然等到仗都开始打了,我才找就太迟了。。。 Don’t deal with people with hidden agenda. Motto of life.

该不该

 有时候生气起来会做些什么可笑的事. 还记得有一次,工作到很晚很晚. 我大概在公司有二十几个小时. 没有睡好. 可是还有很多事要做. 一边量着东西一边写文件. 然后真的不行了就躺在椅子上睡着了. 然后发现有人来上班了. 早上还是中午. .. 越想越累越气就直接回家打辞职信.  然后有一次赶着要交货. 弄了一整夜. 那一次我并不累. 应为我很气. 有个人一有空就来帮我. 好感激但还是气. 24 小时没睡. 想了整个晚上. 回家一定要打辞职信. 不可能的事还是变可能了. 在交货前赶完了. 还看到早班的人. 说我神经病. 不过可能知道我赶所以每次都会帮我. 后来交完货, 我搭车回家. 大概10点多了. 从前天的六点起床就没有睡. 我一定要打辞职信. 可是好像没有信封. 我到家楼下的便利店买了信封. 结果信封很难看. 折的不好. 品质不好. 气死我了. 我就回家大辞职信. 没有洗澡, 没有吃东西. 直接打. 打完了才去. 然后睡了一觉. 我想还是等有空就再去买信封. 后来买了然后把信放好就交给老板.  后来有一次, 有人叫我交履历. 我的履历都没时间写了. 虽然很想写. 有天回到家又忘了自己把旧的放哪里了. 我的电脑坏了后来换了新的. 后来新的没有,只有N年前写的. 打开的时候, OFFICE WORDS 到期.... 结果想办法用的GoogleDoc. 好多功能都没有. 好麻烦. 就随便用了他们的template. 后来写好了. 好难看. 可是我想不管了. 要就要. 不要就不要. 就这样... 而且都不知道他们是不是真的要请我.  我现在又有这种冲动. 该不该...