Skip to main content

HP Spectre x360 convertible Swollen Battery

Swollen battery. Expired warranty by few days. This is HP Spectre x360 convertible. The battery swollen to a point where it make the cover pried open and i think the back cover a bit bent also. How powerful is that. Age of laptop, a little over two years. Spot the gap like two months ago but thought my laptop is old enough to have swollen battery. If you have a laptop, please do check it frequently for swollen battery so you can get it replaced before warranty expired.

I bought the battery replacement not long ago and received it yesterday. It took about like a week or so. The replacement is just open two screws and you can replace it. Instead of making all the way to the repair shop and wait for a few hours to get it done. That's what I thought. Click a few minutes thing.

I open screw 1, there was a bit of resistance but I made it. Then screw 2..... and screw 2 and screw 2.... It took me forever. It was fasten dead tight to the laptop. The head was then stripped and spoiled my screwdriver as well. Next time straightaway use a latex glove or rubber band to protect the screw head before opening. Especially HP laptop. I just check it and having other people looking for missing screws or stripped screw so I guess it is a common issue.

Another reason I didn't like to have my laptop taken to a service center is that you never know what they'll do with it. Some might damage the thing inside and not let you know. Some might replace something inside and you never know. Some might just change a screw and charge a few hundreds. sigh... 

I still have to go there to get the screw remove so I can change the battery. If it weren't for the assignment that I have to submit, I think I wouldn't even want to change the battery.

I let someone changed my handphone screen before, the home button with fingerprint function was scratched like they use sandpaper to wipe it. I didn't notice it until I was home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Luck and Fengshui

My theory tested. When I told my sister or aunty when buying toto, I don’t strike at all. If I bought them myself without telling them, I strike… These were what I did by purposely buying in front of them or tell them. The ones I bought and never told them actually get some money back. Consecutively some more. Anyway, I don’t buy always just once or twice a month or even a few months buy once. As long as I felt like the chance they won’t know is high so it is very seldom. Anyway, sometimes I have a feeling or when I dreamt of a number I bought them. Normally these were the one that I get something in return even though just 1 number. The rest I used a bit of statistical method. Well, I tested it this time too. I actually got 2 numbers correct but the thing is, the number only came out on the next draw. Bought Saturday but number came out on Sunday. Hmmmm…. Anyway, when people saw people buy toto, To them, it is like you buy everyday and a harsh gambler when they saw you buy. Unless I s

Anger

 Still.. Anyway, if you can hire people who come to smoke, eat and playing with the phone and only worked like one hour for people to go take a break, like each person half an hour and sometimes lesser. Then just the last one hour to close up. Then actually 3 people working will do. Especially no lock cage. If got lock cage then 2 people come do 2 hours work. I don’t see price tag being print for the product I put up from the lock cage. Stuff that was empty was still empty. Like whole day nobody do store. So, when someone on store duty not doing work with no lock cage. Wait for me to do the rest of the days no need to do anything. How good.